September 6, 2013 at 12:52 pm #22240
adminKeymasterPost count: 205
We’re working on enhancing profiles. I wont reveal too much, but we’ve been listening to all your suggestions and the v2 of profiles will be much improved, less confusing and much easier to communicate with one another.
This is your chance to have your voice heard. Post your ideas here!September 6, 2013 at 2:45 pm #22261
blackadderModeratorPost count: 125
I dont expect all these to be added now but I would love a profile with the following
1) Keep the banner at the top as people like to customize it for the added unique look
2) Have a section for visitors to come by and say hi or come check out my latest upload etc etc
3) A section with your latest uploads and maybe a clickable link to take you to see the rest of that members gallery
4) A section displaying a mini version of your board ( the user could choose which one they wanted to show on their profile )
5) List of friends and or followers
6) Incorporate a mini version of the activityfeed that could be opened up to a full page ……..Actually you could add that to the visitors guestbook and you could have a toggle to switch between the guestbook and the activity stream
7) Maybe a space for the member to add maybe a showcase of what they are working on / their latest upload/ or an icon set
As you can see just a couple of things haha. I’m not expecting you guys to use everything or if it’s even possible just thought it would liven peoples profiles up a bit .It could be something like a members starting point to explore the whole site
If I’m talking in the realms of star trek or I’ve eaten a mushroom that has given me some far out ideas then just tell me to shut up and I’ll get back in my boxSeptember 6, 2013 at 5:22 pm #22325
tricksypicksyModeratorPost count: 774
Great ideas! You stay out of that box Mister!
My ideas were similar. I’d like to have a variety of things which users can choose to show or not, making things fully customized. I would also want to keep the header, and perhaps have some custom blocks like on old T7, that we could use for anything. I already know some of what I want will take a lot of time. For now I will be thrilled with the profile actually being about me communicating with others. Us noticing each other and exchanging greetings. etc.September 7, 2013 at 3:41 pm #22553
robjmModeratorPost count: 437
All what blackadder and Jeannie says ,if we had similar to the custom blocks at pre-hacked T7 had , we could choose what to put where, and how it’s laid out.
Maybe fixed blocks of info , like a gallery or pinboards you have made or follow , some WP plugin widgets like calendar , clock , chatbox, and mix in some customisable blocks , which you could add simple images or text for previews of your uploads or whatever, I would like to see these boxes a fixed size of approx half the profile space (as before) and also full width, so we could adjust the layout slightly so it’s not just all similar sized squares.
In time I’m sure we could come up with other types of ‘blocks’ to add.
Of course it’s always easier to come up with ideas , it’s how hard(or possible) it would be for Daniel to code , but it maybe would be better to come up with maybe a quite simplified profile first, with the option of being able to add(code) stuff to it later.
If the above is not possible, would it be possible to have different types of profile pages for members to choose from?
ie different layouts that show different things, the member could choose one that best suits.spaceSeptember 9, 2013 at 4:47 pm #23400
justbeModeratorPost count: 259
I really miss the Wall-to-wall posts and the profile having an actual wall!
Background- I liked it from the old T7.
Editing or Deleting comments i made or that have been made on my profile. (hopefully never will need for the last thing)
Not seeing my own activity will be nice- Also with addition of notifications
If i’ll remember/think of other ideas i’ll let you know :p
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.