Home Search Menu

Theme Creating Contest Request

Home Tehkseven Forums Feature requests and bug reports Theme Creating Contest Request

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 38 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of princeabid princeabid 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    princeabid
    Participant
    Senior Boarder

thank you very much n I’ll try not to disappoint any of you…

lolo
    Epert Boarder

Great idea Prince! ;)

noahsarc

Back after a long time. Been stuck up with loads of work.

Back to the point. A very good and handy set of rules @princeabid and very suggestion @anchel61.

I do agree with Niq and Alex, more restriction less participation. Since we are just kicking off, lets keep the rules a bit nimble so that we can have more and more participation and gradually we can increase the rules and difficulty.

Rules to participate
    1. You need to post the theme before the deadline provided. – Agreed, no exception
    2. You need to post the link to the original wallpaper you have used. - Please refer comments at 6 b
    3. In case you have created the wallpaper, the wallpaper you have created should be published in T7 before you publish the theme. – Optional
    4. You need to post the elements bundle (icons), in T7 on the same day you publish the theme. – Optional
    5. You need to thank the person of which you have used the elements. - Mandatory, no exception. We must respect and credit the original designer
    6. You need to post the full screenshot preview (WITH T7 LOGO PROVIDED) along with the links mentioned below in the same order.
    a. Full preview – Agreed
    b. Link for original wallpaper. - got doubt in it, as many people use random wallpaper downloaded as a pack. So not quite sure if they will be able to provide links. Lets keep this optional at the moment.
    c. Link for elements. – Agreed, no exception (unless everything is created by yourself)
    d. Thanks to @name of the owner of the elements (* if you are the owner too)
    7. You will be regular every day appreciating the other participants. – Again this would go under optional.
    “IN CASE YOU FAIL TO FOLLOW ANY OF THE RULES YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED“

These are just my views. Please provide you inputs as well.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar of noahsarc noahsarc.
    thabull
    Epert Boarder

yup noah…. i agree with your comments……
    one more thing (as an explanation)
    about elements (including icon packs)….. this should go optional too…. for a long time now, i use my own elements in my themes… but till i get here, i used elements found in net (usually in t7′s library). i always gave credit to the creator, but providing the link….. hard after sometime….

i suggest that in this case providing the link of elements (someone may have found something special) would be optional, but if/when asked about PROOF of elements being free to be used, giving them (to contest mods) should be MANDATORY….

noahsarc

@Alex. Yes agree with that. Probably we can post link only if we have used anything outside of T7 else we can just credit the actual designer :)

thabull
    Epert Boarder
    princeabid
    Participant
    Senior Boarder

well thanks @NoahsArc.. you’ve perfectly described the ruler.. I think it’s perfect and we shall go fir it. thanks fir your views..and @thabull okay with you too about the icon pack shud be optional but don’t you think if it’s mandatory T7 would get more packs for other users, just in case if any one has no icons to complete there work then they can make use of it.. and credit the owners..this is just my opinion and views to make this interesting and better site with more data than other sites (no offense) or we can go with @NoahsArc “probably we can post…………. just credit the actual designer” as mandatory

so this is my view. m not very good with putting up with words so if u can understand what m trying to say then it’s cool thanks a lot again… so what do you say shall we crack on …. :D ..

thabull
    Epert Boarder

we can always have icon packs contests abid…. ;) ;)
    as anchel mentioned before some people may use online theme creators. therefore it would be impossible for them to upload their packs. this is why i say “optional”…. in general, your idea and thoughts are right…..

princeabid
    Participant
    Senior Boarder

hmm okay then.. let it be optional.. what next??!!

no1eye
    Participant
    Senior Boarder

Wow, too many rules for a Contest. :o
    I guess that’s why i never participated to such activities. lol :p
    Perhaps you should think of making the rules to be a whole lot less, so to attract newcomers too…and not only the 5-6 known ones to be always participating!
    Just my opinion of course. :)
    But to be frank guys, having so many rules for just a contest, i am sorry but i cannot participate, even though i create content myself too.
    Waaay too many rules if you ask me. :p
    I am so sorry, i just speak my mind! :)

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar of no1eye no1eye.
    thabull
    Epert Boarder

Wow, too many rules for a Contest. :o
    I guess that’s why i never participated to such activities. lol :p
    Perhaps you should think of making the rules to be a whole lot less, so to attract newcomers too…and not only the 5-6 known ones to be always participating!
    Just my opinion of course. :)
    But to be frank guys, having so many rules for just a contest, i am sorry but i cannot participate, even though i create content myself too.
    Waaay too many rules if you ask me. :p
    I am so sorry, i just speak my mind! :)

don’t worry @no1eye, rules will be much less and lot easier…. prince just made a suggestion and we are all working on it now so we can make the easiest and best out of it….
    we hear your “objection”….. and we’ll glad to hear any suggestion from you too…. ;)

no1eye
    Participant
    Senior Boarder

This is my suggestion for the Contest participation —>

Please, keep in mind, i’ve never participated to such activities, i’ve only created content for the shake of sharing, so the whole thing is kind of new to me and when i read so many and so hard rules, it hit me a bit weird. :p

Few and simple, to my point of view, so others to be able and want to participate very fast and at their convenience.
    Please don’t forget, Contests should be fun and entertaining…not a pain in ones head or butt…to my opinion, of course :p lol
    And of course, may the best item win!

Anyway, those are the ones i would have gone with —>

Rules to participate:
    - You need to post the item before the Deadline,
    - You need to tag/title the item with the according name of the Contest,
    - You need to stay on the given Contest Topic,
    - You need to post the link of the item you are participating with, to the according Contest Topic/Forum,
    - You need to reassure you have not stolen the item from other similar sites and/or other users in general in order to uploaded it here for the Contest as being your own work,
    - You need to mention the creator’s username of the elements, picture or whatever else you used to this item which was not your own creation, if you know his/her username, of course. If not, then at least mention in the forum post and the uploading description of the item…that the elements, picture are not created by you, for example.
    - You need to give your vote to only 1 item of the Contest you are participating to, except your own item, of course.

This 1 is not even a rule, it is the logical thing to do and should be occurred anyway —>
    - You need to thank the person of whom you have used the elements, if you have not created them yourself.
    And, this 1 is not even a rule as well, it is the logical thing to do, but not so necessary to occur anyway —>
    - You have to be around every day appreciating the items of other participants.
    (if the person does not feel like it or does not like an item, then he/she is not really forced to be doing all that – in case you mean ‘Liking’ and ‘Commenting’ the item(s) by saying the word ‘appreciating’).

olesyast
    Participant
    Senior Boarder

guys, i do not understand why so many rules? why?
    i absolutely agrees with anchel61: the more rules, less participants.
    now the points:

2. i am against this point. guys already talked about this. usually we pump pictures accidentally. i, for example, downloading a picture is not necessarily immediately make the theme, the picture may lie on the computer for years. to remember where she downloaded impossible…
    3. i am against this point. i make themes for SE C702. simply wallpaper, as a separate category 240×320. wallpapers for themes less because softkey, about 240х260. why to load such cut-down wallpaper? or i misunderstand this point?
    5. i will agree only in the icons. when creating a theme i use a million different elements, curls, which was accumulated on my computer for years and were downloaded in a random. see point 2.
    6. it agrees with a screenshot. but why it is obligatory with a T7 symbol? i and so load it on T7… i don’t understand…
    6b, 6c, 6d. i spoke about that. to meet these conditions is not always possible. see above.
    7. hmmm… it too rigidly. i am against this point. to estimate other participants is has to be voluntary and “with all the heart”, sincerely. how it can be sincere if it is obligatory? each day? but after all people work, not always it turns out to come on T7 every day…

too rigid framework… i don’t understand, for what such difficulties…
    competition – is not work, this ENTERTAINMENT. give we won’t forget about it.
    guys, remember the competitions T7 in 2012 before hacker attack. why to think out something new when old it wasn’t bad?
    i will agree only that the today’s format of competition is too simple. maybe it is worth dividing competition on categories: wallpaper, themes, ringtones. but no more than that…

olesyast
    Participant
    Senior Boarder

i vote for lolo, justbe and stephie21 :)

thabull
    Epert Boarder

ok…. to make it clear to all !!!!!!!!!!!!

as i said, rules are much easier and simplier than the ones PA posted…..
    his main issue is to make sure that no “loans” of elements will be accepted…..
    but we can manage this with less rules…..
    so as i see, we all tend to reach the basics….
    1. the entry must be original, in topic and in time
    2. credit must be given when possible (if not for the wallys, but for the iconpacks for sure and also for some elements…. this will be hard when online theme creators are involved… these sites use other people elements without using their names)
    3. (as no1eye pointed and mods were talking about) contestants must be able to “prove” originality or lisence for using elements IF they are asked. i suggest that the proof should be available during the contest and 1 day after the results are announced… (or it can be 1 week)

these are the major points…..

as for the voting system we still talking about it, but we’ll be glad to hear your opinions too….
    we t7 contests team will reach in a decision for the voting system, it will be announced so we can hear your thoughts then too….
    for now, we can hear your suggestions….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For support requests, please use the support forum.

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Subject

Your Message

Pin this

Board
- Select a Board -
  • TCC Winners
  • Phoenix
  • Funny Animated
  • Animated Fish
  • Mixes