Home Search Menu

We're still developing! Bring us input!

Home Tehkseven Forums News & Announcements We're still developing! Bring us input!

This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of justbe justbe 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    tricksypicksy

A few mods have expressed to me that some members are frustrated with the difficulty in socializing. We know this is an area we need improvement in and we are working it I promise! I hope everyone can hang in there with us and help t7 grow into a place we all enjoy. If anyone is considering leaving, consider instead of you stayed and helped to shape the features of t7 into a place you love to be. We cannot do it without you!

We could have  stayed in private beta until everything was polished, but I am glad we didn’t. The leaps in growth we have made are due to community input, and we want more! We need to know how you feel about what’s needed next,  and how it should function. Is Daniel always able to program it exactly as you or I envision it? No. But honestly 99% of the time what he gives us far surpasses what we thought possible.

So hang in there with us. Bring your ideas and needs. Give us time to make them happen. T7 is a more awesome place because each of you are here. If you are having issues please contact me privately as there is no way that Paul can address everything. I can handle your situation, or assign a mod to assist you. Thanks for you patience!

lolo
    Epert Boarder

Well said Jeannie and don’t hesitate if I can help anyway…

stephie21

Here here jeannie !!!! If i can help i will if not i will tell you who can

blackadder

Being new here I don’t see any socializing via member to member on the activity stream. Only a handful of members use the forum games and C4C .The only other interaction i seem to get is someone commenting on an upload.A member saying nice,cool wallpaper is nice but not really much of way to keep people chatting .

A profile that visitors can come and say hi would be perfect maybe even your latest uploads so while they visit your profile they could check out you stuff.

Being a newbie to this site it feels a bit disjointed There seems to be three parts to the site

1) uploads ( which people comment on )

2) profiles / activity stream

3) forums

Great to see so many really great uploads but without them being linked somehow into the uploaders profile it’s just a theme ringtone or wallpaper

People don’t really reply to status updates ( not mine anyway ) :)

The forum is great fun for C4C and forum games but the latter only has a small handful of members using it .

Lastly I know most of you are old members from the last T7 so get along but for new people like myself  seem to get forgotten about .I understand this is a new place so the moderators are busy doing stuff in the background but it would be nice to see a few of them pass by some of the more quieter members

Rightly or wrongly these are just my views on being a newbie here

anchel61
    Participant
    Senior Boarder

@blackadder

That’s all will last some time.

Daniel needs to do technical matters.

We, all to attract new members :)

tricksypicksy

Yes, what Anchel is saying is that we need traffic! With traffic will come activity, but I agree on all @blackadder points. When  I was a new themer, I tried many sites,  and I left many sites. I left because I felt lonesome. Out of the clicque. I was trying to be a part, my work was new but had promise, but I just felt lonesome and bored so I left. Then I found T7. They said hello, they interacted, they made me feel welcome, and I fell in love with the place. The people are what kept me here. We were down for so long I think we’re a little out of sorts. We’re also having growing pains. Essentially I think three things are happening.

1. We definitely need a more easily noticed way of communication.
    2. We mods all seem to be having small family issues right now, preventing us from being as involved as we should be.
    3. We lack the traffic we had before we were hacked.

You’ll all be happy to hear that profiles have taken first priority alongside contests. We mods have realized how much we’ve been missed and are working together to better communicate and be present in the community. We love you guys! Traffic is just going to be one of those long haul things. Addressing #’s 1 and 2 will benefit 3. Other ways to help, and everyone can help, are following some suggestions I made to a member earlier. I am doing these things myself.

Seek out the new or quiet members, and try to draw them out socially. They may feel lonesome, and weird about expressing that.

Comment others work, and reply to the comments you receive. We know that notifications are still a bit tangled in this area, but we are working on it. A good way to see if you have new comments that need replying to, is to view your own gallery. Click MY CONTENT top right.

Consider limiting the number of artists you follow to those who really seem responsive to you. Different people click with different people, and it’s okay for us all to run in varied little circles of friends. We just need to develop those circles. So, without guilt, cull out the people who don’t seem to be opening a two way street of communication to you. Choose someone in your follow list to address, and then watch to see if they respond. If they don’t respond in a few days, unfollow them. It’s really okay. You will still see their work on the main gallery. You can still follow a cool board they’ve created without following their profile. It’s really not a matter of offense, but a matter of taste and interest in the same subjects. You can still play forum games and chat to each other, even interacting on new profiles when they come. You just won’t receive every notification. There is nothing wrong in limiting your notifications to a collection you enjoy and can manage.

Create boards! And create for the boards of others that interest you! Pinboards are a great way to meet people and make friends. Search for boards now. Perhaps there are some you have interest in creating for? If not, consider making a board for the subject that interests you, and see if we can fill it up! Boards were my idea, in the hopes that being able to see what people want, and create more of it, would inspire a more active community. So go play with them!

And finally… Bring your friends in! Friends and family don’t have to create to be involved! They can download, collect, and comment!

I love you all madly, and hope that you will continue voicing your ideas and concerns here, and hang in there with us!

nicque
    Keymaster
    Epert Boarder

Can we bring back our live chat and shout box like old T7. These will also be great additions………. I guess no other mobile sites had them!! =)

thabull
    Epert Boarder

excellent ideas…… still we should not forget that we need to take everything step by step…..  but i also agree with @blackadder‘s points…. we need to increase the socializing abilities…..

admin
    Keymaster

Hello guys, I would also like to add that we are of course in beta. But that’s really a beautiful thing, because it means as early members, you get to have input in the direction we take, the features we develop, how they work and how you interact with the community.

Tehkseven isn’t one of these websites that get thrown up and forgotten about. It’s a huge project, one that we’re committed to and one that will never be finished. What I mean by that is, we’ll always be updating with new features, fixing bugs, and finding new ways for you guys to interact.

As our first members, what we need from you, is understanding, patience and input.

Together we’re going to make this the best website of its kind, but as Alex said, we need to go step-by-step. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Thanks to you all for your feedback, we’re listening intently.

justbe

My suggestions:

*Will be nice to see some member info in the profile under his/her id female/male (with all those unisex avatars it’s sometimes difficult to get..) age (if mentioned) and country.
    * ‘about me’ section.

stephie21

I like that idea

justbe

Another thing that came in my mind is:
    Why all C4C badges should show along with the dj,themer, wallp maker? Pretty soon will be too many..
    Should be only the member skills and of course staff badge if he/she are such. So max of 4 badges and they could be a bit bigger maybe? All the C4C badge can be shown in the profile in achievements box along with other badges. Also those 4 prime badges can be shown in the forums too.
    What you think?

justbe

thanks Stheph!

tricksypicksy

Great ideas @justbe ! AND we have all of those fields. :D Check my profile, all is there and more. To set yours go to your name (top right) and select EDIT MY PROFILE. You will see these tabs that you can edit info in: Basics – About Me – Also Find Me On – My Skills

Have fun!

Also, Paul is working on a different area for C4C badges. They are only now in a temporary place. Soon we will have some REALLY cool stuff.

justbe

Thanks Jeannie! :D
    Yeah, i know about those settings, but i meant that will be more useful if it showed as the member enters a friend profile as under his/her id, for example: justbe
    Female 37, from Israel
    something like that :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

For support requests, please use the support forum.

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Subject

Your Message

Pin this

Board
- Select a Board -
  • my theme
  • Christmas & New Years
  • Humming Birds
  • Walls
  • TCC Winners